Resolution adopted by the Duta General Body Meeting on 5 February 2009
The DUTA General Body notes with satisfaction that all Associate Professors have been placed in PB-4. The DUTA General Body is of the considered view that the pre-revised grade of Readers (i.e. Rs.12000-420-18300) could, according to the VIth Pay Commission recommendations, be placed only in PB-4 and that the Chadha Committee’s recommendations to place Associate Professors (Readers) in PB-3 was patently wrong. However the DUTA General Body notes with dismay that the eligibility conditions have been increased to 12/13/14 years from the present 9/10/11 years for Ph.D./M.Phil./PG teachers; And the ‘Academic Allowance’ has been done away with.
The DUTA General Body demands that the MHRD Notification of 31 December 2008 be speedily implemented and its negative and anomalous features be removed.
The DUTA General Body demands that the following demands and unresolved issues should be actively pursued with the UGC and MHRD:
1. AGP of Rs.6600 (in place of Rs.6000), Rs.7600 (in place of Rs.7000).
2. Promotion to higher grade pay stages in Assistant Professor grade should be without interview as the same are pay based and do not entail any change in designation.
3. Total length of service should also be a criterion for promotion at all levels and not a certain minimum number of years in the feeder grade.
4. Evaluation by students should not be linked with promotion.
5. Removal of ‘quota’ in Professorship in Colleges.
6. AGP of Rs.12000 for Professors.
7. Age of superannuation for Librarians to be 65.
8. Parity of Computer Programmers / Instructors with teachers. (It should be ensured that Librarians are accorded the status of lecturers.)
9. One time option to go from CPF to GPF.
10. Old Pension Scheme for teachers appointed after 1.1.2004.
The DUTA General Body further demands that advance increments for Ph.D. / M.Phil. should be w.e.f 1.1.2006 and not 1.9.2008.
Further the University and College authorities should ensure holding of interviews for Readership / Reader grade who had become eligible for the same before the new regulations come into operation.
The DUTA General Body authorizes the DUTA office bearers to negotiate with the UGC and MHRD urgently on the above issues.